Saturday, May 23, 2009

Out and About

I haven't been keeping up with my thoughts lately because I have been out running around. I got sick last week, and it carried over into this week with a new prescription. Stay out of the sun is a warning with most antibiotics....I am sure mine said the same, but I didn't think about it until Thursday when my mom pointed it out. I am now nursing my blistered arms and neck! Yes, blistered and painful! I think I may have heat stroke or something because I am sick and tired on top of it.

School is finally out. So you would think I have time to slow down, but I have no time still and starting June 1st I will be even busier. This last week has prepared me for the next month. I never realized how much preparing is required to leave the house. It takes me at least 30 minutes of prep. I have to pack a lunch for the kids, heat bottles for the baby, pack shakes and/or bars for myself, make sure the stroller is in my car, and sunscreen and bug spray are also packed. Ask everyone to use the bathroom and change the babies diaper. I am going to need to pack extra clothes, baseball mitts, and swimming items just to leave in June.

I have worked out a plan of action of when and where and even a how. I didn't realize that life would get so complicated as baby gets older. She wants to be mobile so coming up with things to do with her while the kids are busy will be more of a challenge. I also didn't realize that food would be so much work too. Fitting in 6 meals a day is a lot of work too. I've already been planning on what I can do when that time comes. I am so glad I got gestational diabetes and took a glycemic index eating class (although at the time I wasn't really into it because it was a lot of work to try and avoid artificial sweeteners, even if it made my fibromyalgia feel better.) I know the diabetes part sounds funny to be happy about, but it made me stop and take a look at how and what I ate. I didn't have the guidance I had hoped for with it so the class came in handy here. It is so much easier to be healthier for a baby than just for yourself, and that makes me sad. Why couldn't I have done it just for myself? I know I am important too!

No comments:

Post a Comment